This free online tool to help you create site maps and find errors without limitations!
NOTE: Our Sitemaps Tool has been completely revamped – It’s awesome!
Check out the new Sitemap Generator, it is free and easy to use.
* In order to make site maps, you’ll need Sun’s Java Runtime which is free and located here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
*** INFORMATION BELOW IS NOW OUTDATED, USE TOOL ABOVE ***
Like the sitemap? Please let others know by displaying this icon
Simply copy and paste the code snippet below onto your webpage:
<a href=”http://www.auditmypc.com/site-maps.asp” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.auditmypc.com/images/sitemap-generator-80×15.gif” width=”80″ height=”15″ border=”0″ alt=”Build Site Maps”></a>
This is a completely free site mapping tool that will allow you to make site maps for all your sites. It is extremely easy to use and will build site maps that can be integrated into your website.
If you came to this page to build site maps for Google, then use our Sitemap Generator.
If you are looking for a Yahoo Sitemap Generator or wish to build site maps for your website to help visitors navigate your site, then use our new Sitemap Generator.
Sitemaps are one of the most important webmaster tools because they help bots find pages deep within your site.
[bots are short for robots which are sent out by search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN to find pages within your site.]
Visitors love site maps and will seek them out shortly after visiting a site, especially if your website navigation seems confusing. No one sets out to create a confusing site, but what may be organized to you can be very confusing to another! Site maps help avoid this confusion.
You’ll love the report that is generated by this site mapping and orphan url tool which includes the following:
- Table of contents – Site information and timestamp that the sitemaps were created.
- Broken Link Report – Web pages that link to or contain links to pages that do not exist
- Yahoo Sitemap Generator – Provides a list of URLs in HTML or Plain Text which can be used for submitting to search engines such as Yahoo.
- Sitemaps for websites – Creates sitemaps that can be included into your website for bots and visitors.
- Mimetype URL stats – Includes items such as image type and count, text, html etc.
- Sitemaps Stats – URLs by results, such as current state of page, skipped, etc.
Site Mapping is easy to use and loaded with tons of features which consists of three dialogs:
- Sitemaps Configuration Settings – determines how sitemaps are created.
- URL – This is where you enter the address of your website you wish to build sitemaps for. For example, entering www.popupcheck.com after the http:// will create sitemaps for http://www.popupcheck.com. Tech TIP: If you entered popupcheck.com rather than www.popupcheck.com, then a sitemap would be generated for http://popupcheck.com. There is a difference and some search engines may see them as two different sites. When in doubt, use the standard which is with the www.
* Not to worry: The site maps tool will not follow external links. Doing so could follow your advertisement links and generate invalid clicks which in turn could get you banned. This is very important and a popular reason for being removed from a particular program!
- Include Filter – You can use wildcards to include a certain file type within your site maps. For example, *.htm would place only files with the .htm extension into your sitemaps. If left empty, it is assumed you want to include everything
- Exclude Filter – Same details as the include filter, but places everything except your filter match into the site maps.
- Rules – The default is to respect rules within the robots.txt file, meta tag and rel=nofollow commands when creating site maps. Uncheck one or all to bypass these rules.
- Load From – Provides the option to read files from the entire server and below the initial directory which is specified by URL parameter. For example, if the URL parameter is a server address, this option does not effect the behavior of the google sitemap generator; However, if you enter a directory, say for example http://www.popupcheck.com/protected/modify.html, only files below /protected directory will be processed including any sub directories.
- Thread Count – The number of simultaneous crawling threads to run when building site maps. This can significantly decrease overall crawling time if large number of threads are specified but will also increase bandwidth usage – so use with caution or just run with the default.
- Delay between requests – Some web hosting companies will block your computer from building sitemaps if they receive too many requests in too short a period of time. If this happens, then you can add a delay the crawling process.
- Crawling – Start making your site maps by pressing the ‘start crawling’ button
- Once crawling begins, you will be presented with status. Everything is self explanatory and ‘Finished’ will appear once crawling is completed. You may stop or pause the generation of site maps at any time.
- Sitemaps – To generate a detailed report, simply click the entries tab and press the html tag.
Webmaster Tool – Sitemaps
There is no limit on number of pages or generating sitemaps. This is a totally free webmaster tool and all I ask in return is that you take a moment a leave me feedback. I would love to hear your suggestions and chances are they will be incorporated into the next release.
If you found this sitemaps tool useful, please tell others about it by including a link to this page.
Yahoo Sitemap Generator
Besides helping search engines like Yahoo index your site, the major advantages of using the Site Maps tool is that website owners find errors they never knew existed! These errors often keep sites from being indexed by Yahoo, Google, MSN and others! Website operators usually usually notice a big increase in search engine traffic!
It starts off with trying to make a sitemap for Yahoo and finding that the site mapping tool stops at the main page and doesn’t find other pages within the site.
It’s this very issue that visitors often write to me about. Almost always, after reviewing their site, I discover web pages that are missing tags such as beginning, ending, html, head and body tags.
I’ve also discovered that many website operators are accidentally blocking robots from visiting their page. In this Yahoo Sitemap Generator / HTML sitemap Builder, you’ll see an option to honor robots.txt files and no follow tags.
If you are having a problem with this site mapping tool and your page is formatted correctly, try deselecting the robots and no follow options. If this works, then review your robots.txt file and code to see exactly what your excluding.
Remember, our Yahoo / HTML sitemap builder and Google Sitemap Generator sees websites the same way search engine bots do! If our site maps find see errors, so will bots like Yahoo!
HTML Site Map – Problems
If you have comments or suggestions for the sitemap generator, please feel free to leave a comment with your question and I’ll do my best to help you out.